Today, we will be sharing with you some of our current pick of fully distributed organizations that are worth checking out. These organizations hire globally (not just in the United States or Europe) and some have benefits that have us go…
Are you ready? Here we go.
1. Automattic – An organization with a mission to make the web a better place. They work on several online products or/and plugins but you probably know them best for their work on WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and JetPack. Employees who work with them call themselves Automatticians and there are currently 859 of them across 69 countries (Yes Singapore is one of them! Click on the link if you are as interested as we are ). These Automatticians live by the Automattic creed which is pretty awesome.
Automattic has one of the best benefits we have seen so far for a fully distributed organization. Best of all they always seem to have openings! Click here to check out their benefits and job vacancies. If you are interested to hear Rasheda’s job application experience with Automattic, drop us a note and she will get back to you.
2. Buffer – An organization that offers intuitive Social Media Management platform that’s vision is to “build the simplest and most powerful social media tool, and set the bar for great customer service“.
Employees here call themselves Bufferoos. They are spread across 15 countries (yes, Singapore is in too. Click this link to find out who!), 11 timezones and 42 cities (the last time we checked, it is still counting!)
” As a member of our team, you will be invited to work wherever you’re happiest and most productive. “
Now apart from the above quote and their awesome perks and benefits, another plus point is that Buffer is very transparent about how Bufferoos are being paid. Transparent to a point they build a calculator for it. Click here to check it out.
3. Zapier – An organization that helps people around the world automate what is boring and tedious in their job by connecting web applications that these people already used and love.
They don’t have a nickname for their employees (yet). What is worth noting though is that they are about 100+ of them now and across 15+ countries. Sadly, Singapore has not made it to the list. Similar to Automattic, Zapier employees agree to a specific code of conduct. Despite being able to offer their healthcare and retirement benefits to US employees only, we feel that the rest of their benefits makes them still worth a peek. Click here for their list of job and benefits.
Still with us? GREAT! Hang in there, we only got 2 more to go.
4. Invision – An organization that is dedicated to helping deliver the best possible digital product experiences. It is fully distributed in more than 20 countries around the world (We still searching for Singapore presence here). They work based on the following core values.
- Question Assumptions. True innovation and problem solving call us to question everything, even our own bias.
- Think Deeply. Good design thinking considers the task at hand as well as all the surrounding systems
- Iterate as a Lifestyle. We push for perfection, but never at the expense of progress.
- Details, Details. Whether you’re working with pixels or code, details will make the difference.
- Design is Everywhere. Everything in our life is designed and is the driving force behind business and culture.
- Integrity. Say what you mean, mean what you say. Work hard regardless of who is or isn’t watching.
To check out their current job openings and benefits, click here
5. Appen – An organization that works on the development of high-quality human annotated data sets for machine learning and artificial intelligence We listed Appen not because of its benefits or perks but for the fact that they are listed No. 1 spot in the FlexJob annual list of organizations that offer remote working opportunities. They offer a wide range and number of jobs such as raters, transcribers, translator and more. If you are successfully selected to join them, you will most likely be working for them as a freelancer and be paid hourly. Hence we believe if you are just trying out remote work and see if is for you, this could potentially be a good place to start exploring remote work opportunities. However, if the openings do not suit you, we say don’t settle! You are worth so much more!
That’s all from us today. If you are still reading this, we thank you so much for your time and staying with us throughout. We hope this has been valuable for you as much as it was for us.